Temple Gates Games LLC
Based in San Mateo, CA
Fly on a magic carpet through the mystical land of Bazaar, collecting exotic trinkets for your journey! Beware dart traps, sea cobras, and hungry crocs that lurk around corners. Vandal monkeys have stolen relics from the guardian of the labyrinth - will you recover them in time or be trapped forever? Steer with your eyes and consult the constellations to navigate this multi-award winning game made by developers that created indie hits Plants vs. Zombies and Cannon Brawl.
Developed for the 2015 Oculus VRJam, Bazaar is an award winning surrealist adventure in mystical land, where you collect exotic curios and craft instruments to aid your journey. We’re just dipping our toes into VR, but we had so much fun on this project, we can’t wait to flesh it out and bring it to market. This game gave us the kick in the pants to jerry-rig our custom 2D engine to do a 3D game, and we’ve added a ton of features to help us make games from the ground up. After showing at Maker Faire, SVVR, and the Showdown, we’ve found that people are hungry to try VR and seem delighted to step inside the magical world we’ve conjured up. Our team formed from a small group of indie friends who worked together in our coworking space in San Mateo. We joined forces for this project and spent two months on Bazaar for the game jam. Our success as finalists and the interest we’ve generated has pushed us to formalize our crew as a real-live company and we’re making it legal to form Temple Gates Games. The jam team includes Theresa Duringer of Cannon Brawl, Tod Semple who made Plants vs. Zombies, Jeff Gates of Spore, Patrick Benjamin from the Sim City team, and B Rosaschi, pixel wizard.
- 25+ collectible items, with unique abilities
- 10+ traps and enemies
- Ever-changing labyrinths
- Extensively designed for player comfort
Gear VR Launch Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Intel Developer Showcase 2015" 1st Place Winner
- "Oculus VR Jam 2015" Silver Winner
- "IMGA 2016" Best VR Game - Jury Nomination
- "SXSW Gaming Awards 2016" Gamer's Voice - Staff Nomination
- "This is wonderful." Richard Dawkins
- "Top 5 Games And Apps For Samsung Gear VR"
- technewstoday, http://www.technewstoday.com/27408-top-5-games-and-apps-for-samsung-gear-vr/
- "Top 10 Samsung Gear VR Games and Experiences"
- All things VR, http://www.allthingsvr.co/
- "Top 10 Best Gear VR Games"
- tom’s guide, http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-gear-vr-games,review-3265.html
- "As far as stylized games go, Bazaar is among the best looking we have played in VR."
- Will Mason, UploadVR, http://uploadvr.com/rothenberg-river-fall-2015/
- "There are gems like Temple Gates Games’ Bazaar, a simple magic carpet ride simulator that sees you coasting along a colorful world, exploring and picking up trinkets."
- CNET, http://www.cnet.com/au/products/samsung-gear-vr-2015/2/
- "Bazaar is considered a resounding success by the virtual reality (VR) enthusiast community."
- VR Focus, http://vrfocus.com/archives/26915/temple-gates-games-talks-bazaar-multiplayer-vr-and-publishing-in-the-new-medium/
- "Bazaar on the GearVR is unique in just about every way."
- VRGiant, http://vrgiant.com/mobile-vr-reviews/bazaar-review-final-score/
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Innovative VR Ideas
Featured on Gamasutra gamasutra.com.
Trailer and Gameplay video templegatesgames.com.
Gear VR Trailer MP4 templegatesgames.com.
About Temple Gates Games LLC
Temple Gates Games creates award-winning mobile, PC and VR experiences for all major headsets digital platforms. Our team is focused on delivering seamless UX with impeccable performance, a task that is particularly challenging in this emerging field. Working with our custom engine has given us the performance advantage to create flexible solutions for the challenges of delivering games both on mobile and high end PC and console VR systems.
More information on Temple Gates Games LLC, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Animator / 3D Modeler
Designer / Programmer
Designer / Programmer